Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tollhouse Cookies and the Tree House

Some of the activities that have been keeping us busy:
Discovered a tub of Toll House Cookies at Walmart.... for $2 (makes me want to do that crazy hand gesture thing that the $2 Cunnighams Man does in Adelaide, but I think the Americans would take it the wrong way).
George helped me make the cookies, very complex, involved a spoon and a cookie tray.
10 minutes later we were enjoying hot toll house cookies. Obesity, here we come ;)

Ok, not really, I did spend about an hour in the cereal aisle trying to find something that resembled weet-bix.
Just before we moved here I asked Kylie (my cousin who lived here for several years) what she would take with her to America and she said "Weet Bix".
I laughed and said "I don't think I'll be packing those."
I see now that she had a point. The only cereal I could find that did not have added frosting was a box of plain mini wheats. So I bought those, and planned to have banana and yogurt on top for breakfast. That was when I passed the refrigerated section and saw the tubs of Toll House cookies. I had the best of intentions before that.
















Win discovered a great place for the kids;
The Treehouse
It is an educational fun house where they have many different rooms and activities for little people to explore. They put on plays, puppet shows, craft time and stories. They have little old fashioned classrooms, stages for them to perform on, cows to milk, dress ups and tea houses from all over the world.
We bought a year pass for the family, and it looks like we might be there a lot! There are so many great things for the kids to do that it won't get old. They are also constantly changing the rooms to keep it new.
It is a fantastic place, and it is right next to the Ogden Temple.













































































Back at home I snapped this rather funny photo of Isabelle after I found her dressed up in my heals to go to the ladies room....
The photo of the cat was taken by one of the kids, it is one of their favourite things to chase the poor cats around and cuddle them to death. This cat was trying to hide under the table on a chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment